Information Collection and Use
Collection of personal information
1. You can browse through this web site, including searching for a vehicle, without registering any of your personal information.
2. This website collects personal information about you when you complete a form on the website and send it to us.
3. When we collect, store or use information about you we try at all time to comply with the New Zealand national principles for the fair handling of personal information.
4. We do not disclose any information collected on the website to any organisation not related to this company.
5. When you provide us with information on this website we may ask your permission to contact you in the future about products or promotions related to this company. If you give your permission you will be given the opportunity to withdraw it at any later time we contact you.
6. If you do not give your permission you will not be contacted again except as it pertains to your specific request.
Information collected by our server
1. When you visit this site, our server logs the following information provided by your browser (which does not personally identify you);
-The type of browser and operating system you are using the previous site that you visited.
-Your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet: usually on of your service provider’s machines).
2. Our server logs the date and time of your visit, which pages of our website you visited and any documents you downloaded.
4. We only use the information collected by our server to generate statistics and analyse site activity.
How we use personal information collected about you
1. We will reply to your email address for the purpose of which you provide it.
2. If your give permission we will use your personal information (see below for what personal information we collect) only to send you emails to announce or promotions related to this company. Every time we send you an email, we will give you the opportunity to choose not receive further emails of that type.
3. We may also use your email address to respond to feedback given about this site, and to confirm receipt of emails sent to us.
What personal information do we collect?
When you send a form on this website to us, it will provide the following personal information:
·Your email address
On some forms it will additionally ask for:
·Your phone number
·Your fax number
·When booking a vehicle service, details of your vehicle
·Security of your personal information
1. To view this site securely, you need a browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer displaying a symbol such as a key or lock, to show you are in secure mode: if not, a warning will appear.
2. Please note despite the high level of security installed on the website, we cannot guarantee that any e-mail is secure.
Access to your personal information
1. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or if you wish to gain access to the information that we may have collected about you, Please contact us via our contact page.
2. If any of the personal information we are holding has changed, we will correct it for you.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other site.
Changes to the statement
We reserve the right to change our privacy statement. A revised privacy statement will on apply to data collected subsequent to its effective date.
Vehicle information displayed within the website is provided by Houston Motor Group. The information is displayed in good faith however, Houston Motor Group makes no representations or warranties, under any circumstances, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of this information. Furthermore, under no circumstances will Houston Motor Group be liable for any claims of any nature caused by reliance on this information. It is the responsibility of the user to verify any information with Houston Motor Group and bear all risk for any inaccuracies.
The information and associated products and services contained in the website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Houston Motor Group may make improvements and/or changes to the website at any time. Any views expressed in the website are not necessarily those of Houston Motor Group except where specifically stated them to be the views of Houston Motors. Houston Motors or its employees and/or suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information and associated products and services contained in the website for any purpose. All information and associated products and services contained in the website are provided without warranty of any kind other than those provided. Houston Motor Group or its employees and/or suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information and associated products and services, including all implied warranties. In no event shall Houston Motor Group or its employees and/or suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this website or with the provision of service, information and associated products and services contained in the website.
Houston Motor Group reserves the right to modify these terms from time to time and will provide the revised terms on this website within a reasonable period.
Houston Motor Group aims to provide its customers with the best possible products and service. To achieve this, we aim to make efficient use of the personal information we collect from our customers. We also want our customers and other persons with whom we interact to have confidence that in handling personal information, we afford that information an appropriate level of privacy, consistent with the New Zealand Privacy Principles.
What kind of Personal Information does Houston Motor Group collect?
Personal information is any information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonable identifiable. The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, dealer, supplier, contractor, stakeholder, job applicant, community grant applicant or in some other capacity. For example, if you are a customer or a potential customer, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, licence number, vehicle purchase details and service history. If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a dealer, a supplier, or a stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
If we are not able to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.